For any Enquiry reach us @ +91 7032660088
Hot water is an essential requirement in domestic and commercial establishments. Relying on grid power for heating water ends up being expensive in the long run owing to ever increasing cost of electricity. Moreover, grid power supply is erratic and unreliable owing to power cuts, grid failure or shutdown which in critical situations, especially in hospitals, educational institutions or even homes and hotels could prove to be major let-downs and adversely affect routine functioning of the establishment. Solar Idea’s ‘Magic Series’ comprises of solar water heating systems that tackle all of the problems mentioned above by providing hot water for your requirements. Contrary to popular belief, solar water heating technology has greatly improved in terms of harnessing solar energy for heating water and the systems thereof have become increasingly cost effective and affordable. Currently the two most common and widely adopted solar water heating technologies are Evacuated Tube Collector (ETC) and Flat Plate Collector (FPC) technology. Solar Idea's ‘Magic Series’ is available in both ETC and FPC models
Evacuated Tube Collectors
Evacuated tube collectors, as the name suggests, consist of two glass tubes fused at the top and bottom. The space between the two tubes is evacuated to form a vacuum. A copper pipe (called a heat pipe) running through the centre of the tube meets a common manifold that is then connected to a storage tank below, thus heating the water during the day. The hot water can be used at night or the next day due to the insulation of the tank.
Advantages of Evacuated Tube Collectors
- Capture sunlight more effectively as they have a greater surface area exposed to sunlight at any given time
- Transfer heat more efficiently
- Can be used in sub-zero temperatures
- Are durable and if a tube gets broken, it can be easily and cheaply replaced.
- Provide excellent performance in overcast conditions
- Require a smaller roof area
- Have lesser corrosion problems
- Available Models: 100ltrs, 200ltrs, 300ltrs, 500ltrs and their multiples
Flat Plate Collectors
Flat plate collectors work on copper pipes running through a glass covered collector, often connected to a water storage tank on the roof. Solar energy incident on the collector heats the copper pipes and the resulting hot water is thermo-siphoned out of the storage tank.
Advantages of Flat Plate Collectors:
- Are hail resistant
- High Effciency selectively coated copper absorbers
- Sturdy,pure polyester powder-coated collector box/structure
- Minimum overnight heat loses due to PUF insulation
- Ultrasonic welded fine-tube assembly
- Inner tank made with surgical steel 304 2B grade/ mild stee PP coating
- Automatic welding machines assuring unparalleled quality and longer life & low maintenance
- Suitable for pressurised plumbing systems
- Available: 100ltrs, 200ltrs, 300ltrs, 500ltrs,capacity & their multiples.